2009年6月28日日曜日

HOMEWORK

1.Are feelings, emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?

Yes, i so. Because we are human beings, even we have a different culture, language,custom etc. for different livings.

2. Try to name as many feelings as possible in Japanese. ( 10 minimum) Then, write the English translation
嫌い(dislike)悲しい(sad)めんどくさい(troublesome).刺激的(exciting)楽しい(hpppy)退屈(borling) 興味のある(interesting)苦しい(hard)腹立つ(annoy)うれしい(happy)好き(like)

3. Are there any feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English?

I think Yes, because sometimes I say them.
In Japanese," kimoi" "uzai" etc.. of course you can transfer these word into English, but I think it is a little bit different..

2 件のコメント:

  1. 1. Dislike,hate
    2. Sad, sorrowful
    3. Troublesome = My sister!
    4. Stimulating, excited
    5. Happy, fun, joyful
    6. Boring
    7. Interested
    8. bitter, difficult
    10. Glad

    "Kimoi" is it "Kimochiwarui"? This word in English can be understood as: Hideous, grotesque, unpleasent, uncomfortable...
    11. Like, love, fondness

    "Uzai", I think it has alot of meaning. (From what I search). E.g. "Clean? What a pain!" or "The teacher is seriously annoying!" But I also know you cannot say this to any stranger... LOL

    返信削除
  2. I am very sorry but I have misplaced the sign-up sheet with the volunteers names and email addresses on it. If you signed up to make potato salad, set-up, cook/serve food, or clean up, please leave me a comment!

    返信削除